Electric power is taking-off with unprecedented growth and, by signing up for accredited electrician schools in Portland OR, you have the opportunity to start a career as a licensed electrician.
In as little as 6-12 months, it is possible to complete a classroom-based course, get an apprenticeship, and later challenge the State of Oregon licensing exam for the opportunity to be recognized as a licensed electrician..
Click the tabs down below to read about admission requirements for electrician programs in Portland OR, how to become a certified electrician, along with the work and salary forecasts for the community.
We also invite you to definitely make sure you visit our comprehensive posts on careers in electricity!
What is Needed to Be Prepared for Approved Electrician Schools in Portland OR
Electrical technology class prerequisites will vary from school to school but will usually have four standard requirements.
- You are a minimum of 18 years old
- Own a high school diploma or GED
- Provide transcripts showing that you have completed at least one year of high school algebra
Leading Electrician Schools in Oregon
The following electrician schools in your area are currently accepting brand new students. To make sure you select the best training program, you are encouraged to get info from a couple of schools before deciding on one.
The Reason Why Electrician Certification is Really Necessary
Any electrical contractor who works in Oregon is required by state regulations to have a current certification. There are lots of significant factors behind this phenomenon. Look at a portion of the primary reasons.
- Maintaining an active license is required to to do business legally in the State of Oregon
- Ensuring that electrical contractors are licensed guards the safety of the public and employers
- Many electrical codes get changed regularly and licensing guarantees that electricians are kept abreast of any changes
Different Electrician’s Licenses
You’ll find 11 different kinds of certifications an electrician can earn. If you’re planning on operating in a particular industry, ensure that you carry the correct one.
- Unclassified Person
- Apprentice Electrician
- Residential Electrician
- Residential Electrical Contractor
- Residential Master Electrician
- Class A Journeyman Electrician
- Class B Journeyman Electrician
- Class A Master Electrician
- Class B Master Electrician
- Electrical Contractor License
- Special Electrician
Learn even more on electrician licensing by visiting right here !
Electrical Technician Job Forecast for Oregon
The most recent information from O*Net Online indicates a great future for anyone looking to get work as a electrician in Oregon. The expected increase by 2022 in new electricity specialist positions is growing at a wonderful pace each year, which breaks down to an increase and that is much faster than the median of most occupations. With this growth in opportunities, you’ll have a lot of chances to locate a new job as a electrician in Portland OR.
Electrical Courses – Things to Look For
Have you reached the place where you want to select which accredited electrician schools meet your requirements? The very first step in beginning your career as a electrician is to pick which of the outstanding electrician trade schools will help you. It is highly recommended that you find out if the training programs continue to be accredited either by a regulatory association like the Oregon licensing board. Other areas to consider may include:
- Find out if the school provides financial aid
- Ensure that the school’s curriculum features an apprentice program
- Search for programs with a course structure that will fulfill Oregon certification standards
You Are Now Ready for a New Career!
With all the info we have provided, you should be ready to decide on your electrician school!